Linda,
So far, in the 13+ years I've been using PayPal, I haven't had any bad
experiences with them. My understanding about why they need your bank info.
is so you can transfer your $ from your PayPal acct to your checking
account, OR so that you can use PayPal to pay for things from your bank
account if you choose to (if they still do that).
---
*Emily S. Damstra*
natural science illustration
Guelph, Ontario
emilydamstra.com
@EmilyDamstra

On Sat, Sep 22, 2018 at 9:44 AM Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> HI All:
> I have an international friend who wants to reimburse me via paypal. (Yes,
> I totally trust this person) (and not $3M from a dodgy bank ;)
>
> In the past, when Paypal started up, they wanted more access to my
> checking account than I was comfortable with (creepy, really). They wanted
> all sorts of info about that bank account and it discouraged me from using
> their service.  I wondered if anyone had good things to say about the way
> they do business now.
> I use Paypal to pay to exhibitons, etc.  I also get client money deposited
> into my checking account, but not sure why Paypal wanted access to money in
> and out of my account.
>
> Any thoughts? Do you find them reliable and safe?
> Thank you,
> Linda
> --
> Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
> P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
> 520.803.0538
> www.lindafeltner.com
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwMDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=oTpWAb3YzIwd2rEk6vyPYwDmvghfQLDHhJsuDDazbo0&s=qtCmc_rBnBg38xNNjiqDI6X1CFqmklos9U1E3ztza5Q&e=>

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=Nj0Nlfkc66nv-klUQqa6gFf4H8riFUrUgdCh5dicfp8&s=yabnVM4gM05FYe8o-PX-v2ZB1GphyAZNIQh2xGW1VIs&e=

List name is Sciart-L