Hi Linda,
Here is a negative Paypal story. My husband ordered something he never received. Paypal supported the merchant and then threatened to sue if he did not pay. He communicated at length with them. They were quite nasty. Under the circumstances he felt forced to pay. We terminated our account. Glad everyone else has had better luck.

Best,
Jane

On September 22, 2018 at 7:59 PM Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thank you Emily, Marni, and Bruce.
I'm glad to hear of the success.  Creating another checking account seems like a great safeguard, but for me that may be problematical, without going into details.

Thanks to you all, and I really appreciate it.
Linda

____________________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
www.lindafeltner.com
On 9/22/18 8:58 AM, Marni Fylling wrote:
Hi Linda.
I've also been using Paypal for well over a decade, with no bad experience. I didn't care for the bank account access, either, so a few years ago I finally gave them information for a checking account I rarely use- and which only contains a couple hundred dollars. Nothing weird has happened. It makes money transfer very simple, and there are detailed records available on their site (nice when taxtime rolls around).

Good luck!
marni
From: SciArt-L Discussion List-for Natural Science Illustration- <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Emily S. Damstra <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Saturday, September 22, 2018 11:31:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [SCIART] Paypal thoughts

Linda,
So far, in the 13+ years I've been using PayPal, I haven't had any bad experiences with them. My understanding about why they need your bank info. is so you can transfer your $ from your PayPal acct to your checking account, OR so that you can use PayPal to pay for things from your bank account if you choose to (if they still do that).
---
Emily S. Damstra
natural science illustration
Guelph, Ontario