You can in fact embed images in InDesign.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__helpx.adobe.com_indesign_using_graphics-2Dlinks.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=YXg5EleTaWYrFSoi8P4EHDFfTQoQK6ZZ8lDdVbAJECs&s=h1gR9fQleh1Hl74SWiRTw4_K2ScjUHF8GemjhzO8iMM&e=

There are some advantages to having embedded images (not losing files), but I would not encourage
it, as it will bloat your InDesign document, and maybe make it harder to manipulate the images with
other software. Though apparently you can convert embedded image to linked images these days, it you
need to get at them.

Britt

List name is Sciart-L