Fellow entomologists, I am in need of your expertise with paperwork for
permits. In a nutshell, I'm a U.S. federal employee and I'm assisting with
a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) outreach booth at the upcoming ESA
meeting in Vancouver, Canada. I'd like to bring along (handy carry) a small
selection (10 or less) of pinned grasshopper specimens for "show and tell,"
but I was recently told that I'll need permits to do this from both the
U.S. and Canada.

Rather than do a deep web dive on trying to figure out what I need to make
this happen, I thought it'd be faster to ask people here since I know many
of you probably did this sort of thing frequently.

I welcome any advice you may have!

*Derek A. Woller*, Ph.D.

USDA Entomologist, Rangeland Grasshopper and Mormon Cricket Management Team

Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.

[log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Check out my wife's neat Etsy store where you can buy all sorts of neat
vinyl decals, especially cool insect ones: