I always carry a printed copy of the attached document whenever I plan to travel back to USA with insect samples. It has helped me more than once successfully dealing with customs inspectors.

Luc Leblanc

From: Entomological Collections Network Listserve <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Derek Woller <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2018 11:05:03 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Seeking information on international permits for carrying deceased insect specimens across borders - U.S. & Canada

Thank you, all!

Ferro - loved it!

Derek A. Woller, Ph.D.

USDA Entomologist, Rangeland Grasshopper and Mormon Cricket Management Team

Phoenix, AZ, U.S.A.

Check out my wife's neat Etsy store where you can buy all sorts of neat vinyl decals, especially cool insect ones: https://www.etsy.com/shop/ArtisticNatureStudio?ref=pr_shop_more

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:02 AM Robert Anderson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Iím with John on this one.  Iíve carried drawers of pinned specimens across in my car and handcarried pinned specimens to ESA meetings on US soil numerous times and without any permits necessary.   If you declare the insects they may herd you to Agriculture where you can explain they are dead and show them the specimens and you should be fine.   Bob

Robert Anderson

VP (Acting) Research & Collections

Director Ė Beaty Centre for Species Discovery

Research and Collections Division

Canadian Museum of Nature

PO Box 3443, Station D

Ottawa, ON. K1P 6P4 CANADA