Dear colleagues,

My name's Alexandra and I'm a MSc student at Saint-Petersburg State University (Russia), co-supervised by Alexey Solodovnikov (Denmark, Copenhagen www.solodovnikovlab.com). I work on the natural history, taxonomy and phylogeny of the mysterious highly specialized fungivorous rove beetle subfamily Oxyporinae with indistinct phylogenetic location inside the family. I begin with the review of Oxyporus of the Russian fauna which is relatively rich and poorly known especially in the Far East, but I hope to enrich the knowledge of Oxyporinae's phylogeny further, thus we would be really happy to receive the material from all over the world in terms of regions Oxyporinae could be found. We strongly need any dry male imago exemplars accessible, as well as preserved in 96% imago or larval stages. We would also highly appreciate to be given any notes on the life cycles, hosts and distribution.
Any material (dry or preferable in 96% ethanol) on such a typical species as O. rufus and O. maxillosus is also badly needed because we plan to launch a molecular study to clarify the case of their transholarctic distribution - if O. rufus (or O. maxillosus) from palaearctic region can be called the same in nearctic conditions.

It would be much more suitable to send the material to A. Solodovnikov to Copenhagen, because of some peculiarities of russian post delivery service:
Zoological Museum
Universitetsparken 15,
Copenhagen 2100, DENMARK

Thank you in advance!