The Department of Music at New York University invites applications for a
scholar of music studies at the assistant level. This tenure-track position
will begin September 1, 2019, pending budgetary and administrative
approval.  We are looking for a superb scholar who will be a dynamic
presence both in the classroom and the field.  Their work should complement
the research and methodologies of current faculty and bring fresh
approaches to the study of musical and sonic practices and their
historiography. Our department is committed to interdisciplinarity. We
encourage work that crosses and connects the department’s three
subfields--composition, ethnomusicology, and musicology--and reaches out to
other fields and modes of inquiry.

The successful candidate should be able to teach the graduate proseminar,
the department’s undergraduate general education course in sound, and
undergraduate and graduate elective courses in their areas of expertise.

Applicants should have a Ph.D. in a relevant field (ABD applicants must
complete the Ph.D. before taking up the position), demonstrated excellence
in teaching and research, and exceptional intellectual promise.

Full details: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__apply.interfolio.com_57229&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=C0vPd0VTwoGgAUnmHT5EFhO3HyF2zgU6c9JZft8nIcw&s=AWlxuHljI8FztiRtksYT3FRJBVROxynNNXr7E6A43lc&e=