The Department of Music in the School of Arts and Sciences at the
University of Rochester invites applications for a one-year appointment as
Visiting Assistant Professor of Music History beginning 1 July 2019.
Responsibilities will include teaching courses in the music history
sequence of the Bachelor of Arts in Music curriculum as well as courses for
non-majors and music minors.

Candidates must possess a completed Ph.D. with demonstrable promise to
become a nationally recognized scholar in the field.  Primary graduate
training should be in musicology or music history, with specialization in
an area or areas of music from 1800 to the present as well as strong
theoretical/analytical skills.  Expertise in one or more of the following
secondary areas is desirable: musical theater; film; media and technology;
composition; analysis; gender/sexuality/ethnicity.  Superlative teaching
skills are expected, as well as commitment to excellence in undergraduate
musical education in a Bachelor of Arts curriculum.

Full details:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.rochester.edu_faculty-2Drecruiting_positions_show_8072&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=s4gOG1FRnwHdb1KDMr4NY60NBq3_94ISoE8qJ3gRrXk&s=ClmJmelTCvyLw8IdRlqZAlYnoDZQ7Jk37I0bfNtC-fc&e=