Popular Music and Society, Volume 41, Issue 5, December 2018

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.tandfonline.com_toc_rpms20_41_5&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=3PoBsAnT8t-TQ915c_Tk1ivogHxBtIZ4fFYomRySFiQ&s=aaxZ6F1duDyxNSyfpgocq8vn51tOWsKehLGCq9sPNhg&e=

Articles

The Transcultural Representation of Saharawi Music by Mariem Hassan and
Nubenegra Records
Luis Gimenez Amoros

“Our War-Songs” (1864): Popular Song and Music Criticism during the
American Civil War
James A. Davis

Latent Elements in Pop Music Production
Pat O’Grady

Race, gender, and the Billboard Top 40 charts between 1997 and 2007
Marc Lafrance, Casey Scheibling, Lori Burns & Jean Durr

Love and Violence in the Music of Late Modernity
Katie Barclay

Singing the Alien: Velvet Goldmine and David Bowie’s Glam Semiotics
Katherine Reed

Book Reviews

Of Remixology: Ethics and Aesthetics After Remix
Scott Haden Church

Musikhören im Zeitalter Web 2.0. Theoretische Grundlagen und empirische
Befunde/Music Listening in the Web 2.0 Age. Theoretical Principles and
Empirical Findings
Bernhard Steinbrecher

Top Pop Albums, 1955–2016
B. Lee Cooper

Audio Review

Christmas on the Countryside: 27 Honky Tonkin’ Christmas Country Songs;
Celebrating Christmas: Down Country Lane
B. Lee Cooper