The Department of Music at Cornish College of the Arts seeks highly qualified applicants for an Assistant Professor of Music position with speciality in Musicology, Ethnomusicology, or a related field, to begin in Fall 2019.

We seek a broadly trained scholar who is enthusiastic about Cornish’s unique position as an undergraduate art college, training performers and composers in an interdisciplinary context. Cornish has moved away from survey-style courses and seeks the development of a series of courses in Musicology that deepens our students’ understanding of methods and chronology in connection to contemporary artistic practices. The committee is very open as to how a candidate might interpret this need. Our primary candidate will also have experience as a performing artist or composer, able to integrate this part of their background into the study of Musicology at Cornish.

Full details: https://www.cornish.edu/jobs/positions/assistant_professor_of_musicology/