*E**thnomusicology Review* <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=7-bcKi-jnb6f9344i6AcOM7l2U97mJgdjJaWWBesGFk&s=ankr5WCJRFwkE1rgD085GP2zGmxZa8DVopIwWaspOjg&e=> is now
accepting submissions for Volume 22, scheduled for publication in Fall
2019. Starting as *Pacific Review of Ethnomusicology (PRE)* in 1984,
*Ethnomusicology
Review* is a refereed journal managed by UCLA graduate students and a
faculty advisory board. We maintain an extensive editorial board and
publish interdisciplinary music research in English, Spanish, Portuguese,
Indonesian, and other languages on a case-by-case basis.

Articles are well-developed essays of 4000-8000 words on topics related to
musical practice, and will be subject to an extensive peer-review process
prior to publication. These may be written from a variety of disciplinary
perspectives including ethnomusicology, musicology, anthropology, sociology
and cultural studies. Essays in languages other than English will be
considered for publication but are encouraged to include an abstract
written in English.

Our online format allows authors to rethink how they use media to present
their argument and data, moving beyond the constraints of print journals.
We encourage submissions that make use of video, audio, color photographs,
and interactive media.

**The submission deadline is February, 26th 2019.**
Email submissions to emreview -at- ucla.edu.

Full guidelines for submission:
*ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu/submission-guidelines
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ethnomusicologyreview.ucla.edu_submission-2Dguidelines&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=7-bcKi-jnb6f9344i6AcOM7l2U97mJgdjJaWWBesGFk&s=Ri7Ox2oB-fuZH0bath-wyL1FZH4A7Ismx-uRGmHMeIM&e=>*

Ethnomusicology Review
ethnomusicologyreview.org