Carleton College invites applications for a tenure-track position in
musicology, at the Assistant Professor level, to begin September 1, 2019.
This position will typically include teaching five courses per year over
three 10-week terms (2-2-1 teaching load). The PhD or its imminent
completion is required.

We seek a colleague who will be able to lead our course offerings in
Western art music, who is a dynamic classroom presence, and who has
experience teaching a wide variety of musics in a liberal arts setting. A
strong preference will be given to candidates with research and teaching
interests in art music of the 20th and 21st centuries. We also seek
candidates with interdisciplinary interests that complement our current
departmental strengths and fit into Carleton’s current intellectual
community (e.g., Media Studies, Gender Studies, Ethnic Studies, etc.), as
well as those who are able to combine elements of classroom and performance
study; we encourage candidates to highlight these aspects of their
background and teaching experience.

Carleton faculty members are committed to mentoring and advising a diverse
student body. Candidates with particular experience teaching or leading
conversations surrounding difficult questions pertaining to diverse
viewpoints should speak to this in their application materials.

To apply, please visit the Carleton College website at jobs.carleton.edu to
complete the online application, including a letter of application; c.v.;
and statements describing your teaching philosophy and your research. No
further materials are required until requested. Application deadline is
November 15, 2018.