*Call for Papers: 2019 University of Toronto Graduate Music Conference*

Friday March 15– Sunday March 17, 2019

Faculty of Music, University of Toronto

The University of Toronto Music Graduate Students’ Association is pleased
to announce our annual Graduate Music Conference, which will take place
March 15-17, 2019. The program committee invites graduate students to
submit proposals for twenty-minute paper presentations, with a ten-minute
question period to follow each presentation. *We encourage the submission
of papers on all genres of music and in any area of music research,
including musicology, music theory, ethnomusicology, performance, music
education, composition, and music technology.* We also invite applicants to
submit proposals for themed sessions of 2-3 papers. In this case, please
include an abstract describing the proposed session as well as individual
abstracts for each paper. Proposals for thirty-minute lecture-recitals are
also encouraged. We particularly welcome proposals that discuss
anti-colonial methods and initiatives in music.

Abstracts must be limited to 250 words; submissions should include the
title of the paper, but not any information that could personally identify
the author. Please email abstracts, in .docx and .pdf format, to
conference.uoft.music2019 -at- gmail.com no later than * January 15th, 2019*.
In the body of the submission email, please include your name,
institutional affiliation, preferred email address, and phone number.
Standard audio/visual equipment and a piano will be made available to all
presenters, though you must supply any other necessary instruments, mixers,
amplifiers, etc. Authors of accepted abstracts will be notified by email
beginning in early February 2019. Please direct any inquiries to the
conference email address.

We are proud to welcome *Dr. Naomi André* to deliver our keynote
presentation at this year’s conference. She will be speaking on the ways
engaged and anti-colonial approaches to music can inform our work as music
researchers, performers, and educators.