I also think they inspired multiple video game graphics out there...
Very inspiring and fascinating indeed.
Thanks for sharing
Aurore

Aurore Simonnet - Scientific Illustrator
NASA EPO - Sonoma State University
http://epo.sonoma.edu

On Saturday, November 17, 2018, 10:09:16 AM PST, Lynette Cook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Chris, I agree these are wonderful illustrations. I remember first seeing them in the ‘80s and they are iconic in the field of astronomical art. After all these years they still hold up in terms of the science and the vision of living in space. I didn’t realize that the artist is still alive, so this is fascinating.

Thanks for sharing.
Lynette