Thanks Gail

      the adapter and HDMI cable for presentations sounds like something
important for me to work out, for remote site presentations, and also
for my workshops, I have a flatscreen on the wall for that purpose...
Is there something special software wise that is needed for the TV to
mirror the iPad?

Stephen

On 11/24/2018 11:55 AM, Gail Guth wrote:

> Hi, Stephen,
> I'm on my third iPad and first iPhone, so I can relate. (My phone is
> an itty-bitty 5S also, so computing on it is a no-go). Love my iPads
> for all the reasons you indicated. I keep my oldest one clamped to my
> drawing table in my basement studio. When I need reference pix, I can
> get them from the internet or plop my own into Dropbox and have them
> handy, no printing as you indicate.
>
> My latest iPad is all-purpose, love it on a trip as it's GPS, library,
> portfolio and entertainment hub all in one: I do 99% of my reading now
> on the iPad, as I love to be able to look things up quickly as I am
> reading, or follow along on a map (even for fiction, that's fun); you
> can, of course, watch full programs and movies, and the iPad screen is
> far better than a phone screen for that.  I have Keynote presentations
> if I want to show off my portfolio (I have several different ones,
> sketches, full portfolio, botanical, etc). With a long HDMI cable and
> an adapter, I can display my portfolio or photo albums on a TV (the
> adapter has an HDMI plus a lightning port, and a short lightning cable
> end to plug into the iPad; with the lightning port I can plug in a
> long lightning power cable and keep it fired up while the presentation
> is running. I believe with Apple TV you can broadcast directly without
> the cables but that is a wild guess, as I have Roku.
>
> You can also get an adapter to load up photos from a sim card. and I
> just put a lightning/USB flash drive on my Christmas list, that will
> be handy.
>
> I have never gone very far using the drawing programs but that's on me
> for lack of trying. they are fun but require practice to be able to do
> anything good. I bought a Brydge bluetooth keyboard for it and love
> it, super quality and it acts as a case to boot.
>
> I have various stylii, including one that has a brush head on it (yes,
> it works like a brush!) but I've never used any of them very much.
>
> the biggest problem I've had is switching from the iPad to Bob's
> laptop, I'm constantly trying to move stuff on the screen and gosh, it
> doesn't work that way!!  LOL.
>
> If I think of anything else I'll let you know. enjoy!
>
> --Gail
>
> (PS - I passed on the 2nd iPad to Bob, he enjoys the games)
>

> On 11/24/18 11:15 AM, Stephen DiCerbo wrote:
>>      Hi  friends....
>>
>> its been a while since I have been on this side of the Rrrippped
>> column,  but it is always good to know this listserve resource is here
>> for us.
>>
>> After a very long time with some thin spots in my technology blanket,
>> especially with Apple products, I took advantage of a Black Friday deal
>> yesterday while upgrading my iPhone, and I
>> have  filled a gap, specifically  in the tablet position, and procured
>> (currently back-ordered) an iPad.  12.9 inch iPad Pro (2018) 256GB
>>
>> I expect it to fill most of the technical duty gap between my laptop
> [...]

List name is Sciart-L