No, you just have to select the HDMI port that the cable is plugged in
to, and the iPad screen pops right up. [We use this is hotel rooms now,
too, to watch what we want. The catch there is that most hotel TV
remotes don't have that selection capacity; I'm considering buying a
universal remote to take along.]

--Gail

On 11/25/18 12:57 PM, Stephen DiCerbo wrote:

> Thanks Gail
>
>      the adapter and HDMI cable for presentations sounds like
> something important for me to work out, for remote site presentations,
> and also for my workshops, I have a flatscreen on the wall for that
> purpose...  Is there something special software wise that is needed
> for the TV to mirror the iPad?
>
> Stephen
>

> On 11/24/2018 11:55 AM, Gail Guth wrote:
>>
>> Hi, Stephen,
>> I'm on my third iPad and first iPhone, so I can relate. (My phone is
>> an itty-bitty 5S also, so computing on it is a no-go). Love my iPads
>> for all the reasons you indicated. I keep my oldest one clamped to my
>> drawing table in my basement studio. When I need reference pix, I can
>> get them from the internet or plop my own into Dropbox and have them
>> handy, no printing as you indicate.
>>
>> My latest iPad is all-purpose, love it on a trip as it's GPS,
>> library, portfolio and entertainment hub all in one: I do 99% of my
>> reading now on the iPad, as I love to be able to look things up
>> quickly as I am reading, or follow along on a map (even for fiction,
>> that's fun); you can, of course, watch full programs and movies, and
>> the iPad screen is far better than a phone screen for that.  I have
>> Keynote presentations if I want to show off my portfolio (I have
>> several different ones, sketches, full portfolio, botanical, etc).
>> With a long HDMI cable and an adapter, I can display my portfolio or
>> photo albums on a TV (the adapter has an HDMI plus a lightning port,
>> and a short lightning cable end to plug into the iPad; with the
>> lightning port I can plug in a long lightning power cable and keep it
>> fired up while the presentation is running. I believe with Apple TV
>> you can broadcast directly without the cables but that is a wild
>> guess, as I have Roku.
>>
>> You can also get an adapter to load up photos from a sim card. and I
>> just put a lightning/USB flash drive on my Christmas list, that will
>> be handy.
>>
>> I have never gone very far using the drawing programs but that's on
>> me for lack of trying. they are fun but require practice to be able
>> to do anything good. I bought a Brydge bluetooth keyboard for it and
>> love it, super quality and it acts as a case to boot.
>>
>> I have various stylii, including one that has a brush head on it
>> (yes, it works like a brush!) but I've never used any of them very much.
>>
>> the biggest problem I've had is switching from the iPad to Bob's
>> laptop, I'm constantly trying to move stuff on the screen and gosh,
>> it doesn't work that way!!  LOL.
>>
>> If I think of anything else I'll let you know. enjoy!
>>
>> --Gail
>>
>> (PS - I passed on the 2nd iPad to Bob, he enjoys the games)
>>

>> On 11/24/18 11:15 AM, Stephen DiCerbo wrote:
>>>      Hi  friends....
>>>
>>> its been a while since I have been on this side of the Rrrippped
>>> column,  but it is always good to know this listserve resource is here
> [...]
www.guthillustration.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.guthillustration.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=RqAJ8LrnzK-0kLYLa7Jr0-G-NZg2YvQ02zx904AxrIA&s=KDs00jfUJhsQv3ev9fQm5PV1IgJ9o9LI0uzaYlsJxuU&e=>

List name is Sciart-L