Hi all, I'm coming in late to the conversation so it may have been said
already... I LOVE drawing on my iPad pro (10.5in). I have the apple pencil,
and I use Procreate. I got it a year ago, and I felt a little guilty that
it might be an extravagance I didn't need. Now, a year later, I feel like
it's the one tool that's really changed the way I work. It's freed me up
from my desk, and I'm enjoying the brainstorming and the early sketch phase
of projects so much more.  As a long time Cintiq user I was skeptical that
I'd get much from drawing on the iPad.  It turns out, it's actually better
than Photoshop for drawing. With the app Procreate, it's a totally
intuitive drawing experience, and things like smudging works so much
better. No, it's still not the same as drawing with real paper and pencil,
but it's fun in its own way! Apple's pencil let's you do things like turn
the pencil on it's side for broad strokes, that just don't work as they
should with a wacom tablet (at least for me!). I mentioned that I like it
for early sketching, but I also use it for fully-finished spot-art as well.
When I'm doing full scene compositions I'll still come back to my desktop,
Adobe and 3d programs, but for single images I love drawing the whole thing
on the iPad (Procreate does export to PSD format). I've also tried
Autodesk's Sketchbook, which I really like, but it limits your canvas size
and it's too small for most of my work.

One more thing about ProCreate -- it records your drawing process and
exports as MP4s. If I ever got on social media ;-), I'd post the videos to
my feeds. So how much does it cost? $9.99 one time purchase. Gotta like
that!

Oh, and I also use Microsoft OneNote to take hand-written notes and draw
the SUPER early thumbnails for projects. There are a couple of other good
hand-writing apps, but so far OneNote has worked best for me (I was
surprised, as I'm not a huge Microsoft person). I used to use Evernote
religiously (also great for storing recipes), but the drawing/handriting
just worked better in OneNote.

Have fun!
Nicolle

Nicolle R. Fuller