Thanks for sharing that valuable reference, Bob.

   Well, with currently projected funds, we're almost doubling our current full-time staff of 5-6 collection managers and informaticians. That should get us of somewhere in terms of sample mobilization. But how far exactly, and what else may be needed to really leverage the NEON sampling effort -- is not so easy to tell yet.

   I think what needs to happen is that interested parties try this out now on whatever manageable scale, and are being served well and can do good things, and then word gets around and more parties want to work with these samples. It's rather deliberately not a collection that can just sit somewhere and claim that it serves its purpose. NEON samples need to be worked with and used and indeed partially or entirely destroyed in justified cases to extract critical information from them. And we will be as open and proactive as possible to facilitate that on a large scale.

Best, Nico