From: AFEEMAIL Discussion List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Geoff Schneider
Sent: Wednesday, 19 December 2018 1:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: AEA attack on the ASSA sessions of AFEE, other heterodox associations

Thanks for the interesting responses.

Note that as long as I can continue to find locations for the ICAPE conference just before or just after the ASSA meetings, we can continue to provide overflow space for AFEE panels. Should we be so inclined, we could easily run 4-8 AFEE panels at ICAPE. If we wanted to, we could even consider those papers to be a part of the AFEE @ ASSA program, to the point of considering them for the June proceedings issue. (That would, of course, require an action of the AFEE board.)

On a related note, does anyone know of a location in San Diego where we can hold the ICAPE conference on January 5-6, 2020?

The AFIT meetings in the West are always a lot of fun because of the concentration of heterodox economists. The Easterns are becoming similarly interesting. URPE has more than 20 panels at the Eastern Economic Association Meetings this year. Perhaps east coast AFEE members can start gathering there. Rob Scott has been organizing sessions at the Easterns for the last several years, and I think we could do a lot more with this.

Best,

Geoff

Geoff Schneider
Professor of Economics, Bucknell University
Office: 128 Academic West
Address: 1 Dent Drive, Lewisburg, PA 17837
Email: [log in to unmask]
Office Phone: 570-577-1666