*Assistant Professor in Ethnomusicology*
*University of Puget Sound*

Appointment: Full-time, tenure track appointment; begins Fall Term 2019

Responsibilities: The University of Puget Sound seeks an ethnomusicologist
to broaden and diversify our curriculum by designing and teaching courses
for music majors and general students.  Teaching responsibilities include
undergraduate courses in non-Western music; other areas of teaching are
dependent on an applicant’s qualifications and the needs of the program.
Responsibilities also include advising students, participating in School of
Music and university governance, and participating in efforts to recruit
and support a more diverse student body. We seek a candidate who shares
Puget Sound's commitment to innovative pedagogy that includes experiential
learning, collaboration with on-campus interdisciplinary programs, and
off-campus opportunities in International Studies.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in Ethnomusicology or PhD in
Musicology with significant background in Ethnomusicology; ABD considered.
Commitment to undergraduate teaching and liberal arts education.

Application Deadline: Interested individuals are encouraged to submit
application materials no later than September 28, 2018 to ensure
consideration.

Apply: To review the full job announcement and apply online, please visit
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__apptrkr.com_1271542&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5VquHgJ7z4sZAwjVMRwG_nvhrAc-pqqAe0DBpYwMYpA&s=8qKrHrzqsWWoFD2hySQCXIIbu2Fmob7JmmOWEFasxvo&e=

All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a
background inquiry.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports
diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and
background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.pugetsound.edu_about_diversity-2Dat-2Dpuget-2Dsound_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=5VquHgJ7z4sZAwjVMRwG_nvhrAc-pqqAe0DBpYwMYpA&s=bZobnim85mbDNGwMByCEg_BvyXZiFdxDV8ZhAZcrHIs&e=

The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.