Assistant Professor in Ethnomusicology
University of Puget Sound

Appointment: Full-time, tenure track appointment; begins Fall Term 2019

Responsibilities: The University of Puget Sound seeks an ethnomusicologist to broaden and diversify our curriculum by designing and teaching courses for music majors and general students.  Teaching responsibilities include undergraduate courses in non-Western music; other areas of teaching are dependent on an applicant’s qualifications and the needs of the program. Responsibilities also include advising students, participating in School of Music and university governance, and participating in efforts to recruit and support a more diverse student body. We seek a candidate who shares Puget Sound's commitment to innovative pedagogy that includes experiential learning, collaboration with on-campus interdisciplinary programs, and off-campus opportunities in International Studies.

The successful candidate will have a PhD in Ethnomusicology or PhD in Musicology with significant background in Ethnomusicology; ABD considered. Commitment to undergraduate teaching and liberal arts education.

Application Deadline: Interested individuals are encouraged to submit application materials no later than September 28, 2018 to ensure consideration.

Apply: To review the full job announcement and apply online, please visit http://apptrkr.com/1271542

All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of a background inquiry.
Puget Sound is committed to an environment that welcomes and supports diversity. We seek diversity of identity, thought, perspective, and background in our students, faculty, and staff. To learn more please visit: http://www.pugetsound.edu/about/diversity-at-puget-sound/

The University of Puget Sound is an equal opportunity employer.