*AMS-NYSSL – 2019 Chapter Meeting*

*Dan School of Drama & Music, Queen’s University, April 16-17, 2019*

*Proposal deadline: February 1, 2019*

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__ams-2Dnyssl.blogspot.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=nIKAJRWQ-Gc8r3iOcxKVNbcCjolu1XKq5oeonSC8iKU&s=nKOSOuEKJbE91QYgiODm3qlofn_q0pao9LXimuy0rro&e=

The 2019 spring meeting of the New York State St. Lawrence chapter of the
American Musicological Society will take place on Tuesday and Wednesday
16-17 April at the Isabel Bader Centre for the Performing Arts at Queen’s
University in Kingston, Ontario.

We welcome (20-min) papers on all topics, in addition to panel
recommendations, or other alternative formats. We also wish to encourage
proposals for a session of lightning talks consisting of five-minute
research presentations on any topic.

We will also be hosting a graduate student workshop, as we did last year.
This year’s workshop will focus on crafting cover letters for various types
of positions (both academic and non-academic).

You are invited to submit abstracts in all areas of scholarship on music to
the Program Committee Chair: Colleen Renihan, Queen’s University, at
colleen.renihan -at- queensu.ca

The deadline for proposals is * Friday, February 1, 2019*. In the body of
an email, include your name, title of the paper, affiliation, and contact
information. Please attach an abstract of no more than 250 words to your
email. Do not include your name in the title or in the abstract document.
Review of proposals is blind.

You do not need to be a member of the AMS or the NYSSL chapter to submit a
proposal. Should your paper be selected for presentation, though, you will
need to pay the meeting fee ($10/$20) and become a member. The fee should
be paid in person at the meeting.

Graduate students may request to be considered for the annual AMS-NYSSL
Student Paper Prize. We also hope to offset graduate student travel by
offering travel stipends that cover a portion of students’ transportation
costs to the meeting.