Dear Colleagues:

The Graduate Program in Music at Hunter College CUNY invites applicants for the Master of Arts degree in the following concentrations: Performance (including jazz), Composition, Ethnomusicology, Music Theory, Music History, and Music Education.  Applications for Fall 2019 are accepted on a rolling basis until April 1, 2019. Partial and full-tuition scholarships are available to qualified applicants. For more on our music department click here.

Our program offers an excellent education at affordable prices.  Hunter College’s central location in downtown New York allows our students to take advantage of all the musical and artistic treasures that the city has to offer.  Our graduates find work in all types of musical spheres in New York, and beyond.  Recent graduates have gone on to do doctoral work at such institutions as Brandeis University, CUNY Graduate Center, Florida State University, UCLA, UC Berkeley, University of Connecticut, University of Cincinnati, and University of Washington.

Fulltime Faculty:

Performance: Geoffrey BurlesonDavid FulmerSusan GonzalezRyan Keberle, and João Luiz

Composition: Suzanne Farrin, David Fulmer, and Shafer Mahoney

Music Theory: Poundie BursteinPhilip EwellMark Spicer, and Jewel Thompson

Music History: Michele Cabrini and Catherine Coppola

Ethnomusicology: Barbara Hampton

Music Education: Victor Bobetsky

Do not hesitate to contact me if questions arise…sincerely,

Philip Ewell, Ph.D.

Associate Professor, Music
Director of Graduate Studies
Hunter College, Department of Music
695 Park Ave, Hunter North 527; NY NY 10065