MUSIC FACULTY OPENING, Full-time

The Calvin College Music Department invites applications for a tenure-track
faculty position in Theory and Musicianship. Our ideal candidate is a
generalist with broad musical expertise who can teach our theory and
musicianship sequence, including keyboard harmony, as well one or more of
the following areas (listed in order of need): music technology (teaching
Sibelius and ProTools basics, maintaining our lab and composition studio),
composition, piano, strings, and/or voice. The opening is at the rank of
Assistant Professor and the position begins August 2019.

*REQUIREMENTS*

*Education and Experience*

Faculty members are expected to demonstrate excellent teaching ability and
a track record of (or strong potential for) scholarly or creative work.
Successful candidates will have a PhD or DMA in one of the teaching areas
listed above.

*Faith and Educational Commitment*

   1. Commitment to the Christian faith.
   2. Commitment to the integration of one’s faith with learning,
   particularly in one’s area of expertise as well as in student development
   .
   3. Commitment to the educational mission of Calvin College as a
   Christian liberal arts college in the Reformed tradition, affiliated with
   the Christian Reformed Church.  See Educating for Shalom
   <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calvin.edu_about_who-2Dwe-2Dare_our-2Dcalling.html&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=S34zXkRBSwfi_L8y_toW6BV6D6Oi62wTQ7o4StJsfrw&s=bCPAlLisTh5dDlkEPoG-nQfydhQupAOK2t8xNPLc_5c&e=>.

*Diversity Commitment*

Demonstrated awareness of and commitment to establishing relationships and
positive communication across multiple dimensions of diversity including,
but not limited to, race, gender, physical limitations, class, or religious
perspectives.

*TO APPLY*

Please submit your full curriculum vitae, names of three or more
references, and a letter of application that addresses the requirements and
responsibilities of the position, including your interest in teaching and
scholarship at a Reformed Christian college.  Send these documents to the
chair of the Music Department, Benita Wolters-Fredlund (bw24 -at- calvin.edu).
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the
position is filled.

For more information see the official posting here
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calvin.edu_academics_departments-2Dprograms_music_about_open-2Dpositions_&d=DwIFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=S34zXkRBSwfi_L8y_toW6BV6D6Oi62wTQ7o4StJsfrw&s=yX7BUrCfL-UQYuVrq3v6maQxoegDL1rER37t2tXXQds&e=>
.