I have always found the tendency for folks to treat the BoD as the enemy,
as some evil "other", rather than the fellow SCAdians they are, to be
toxic, reprehensible, and contrary to our ideals.

I too spent time on the GC, before they kicked non-council members out. And
what* I *saw was a bunch of people who were incapable of actually
fulfilling the tasks the BoD asked of them, or of generating viable
proposals to the BoD on their own. Too many competing, and contradictory,
agendas for them to pull in one direction to accomplish one achievable
goal.

Mathurin