While it has been more than a decade since I was on the Board, one thing
that I am sure is still true:  they *do* read and take into
consideration commentary from the membership. Many fewer people than you
would think actually bother to comment on things, which means that
sometimes a very small number of comments received can influence policy.
So yes, if you do have an opinion about either the survey itself or the
questions it addresses, write to the Board! Now, if they get a great
deal of commentary, you may receive what looks like a canned response.
That's because without exception, every single Director is a volunteer
who also holds a real-world, full-time job. Sometimes if an issue gets a
lot of comments, a single director will be assigned to deal with all of
it so as to make responses consistent. But the whole Board gets the
comments and sees them.

Other tips for writing the Board, that maybe should go without saying
but don't:

1. Be polite. The Board gets a lot of angry diatribes, and angry
diatribes not only don't help, they actually hurt, because they make it
easier to circle the wagons.
2. Use standard English writing conventions. Spelling, capitalization,
and punctuation are actually still important. You don't have to be
flawless, but try to avoid sounding as though your formal education
stopped at age eight. "Might as well have been written in crayon" was a
descriptor we used when I was on the Board for certain letters that
lacked any concept of business writing conventions.
3. Be as brief as you can and still get your point or information across.
4. Include your membership number if you are a member--commentary from
paid members has more influence. (You may agree or disagree with that,
but it is nonetheless true.)
5.  *Sign* your damn email! With your real name. Including an SCA name
is fine, and encouraged, but make sure your real name is on it.
Anonymous communication is not considered communication, and the mere
presence of an email address in the header doesn't constitute a signature.

Elasait