Patricia,

For simple photo editing - Photoshop Elements.

DropBox is not an app, it provides remote storage, although there is a desktop app (or mobile app) that allows you to access it. You are allowed limited free storage - 5GB, I think.

Google Drive is free and allows for 15GB, I think. So it has my vote. You need a gmail account or an academic email that is linked to Google Drive (some universities have this). Very easy to share files or to set folders up so a group can share them. Useful for my classes.

Just my 2-cents.

Best,

But "simple" can be tricky. There is a learning curve with everything.