Champers
Dear Cather Friends,

Happy new year to all of you!  I hope, as you make your plans for 2019, that you are planning to join us in Virginia for the Willa Cather International Seminar, June 16-21.  Are you and/or your students planning to propose a paper or panel for the Seminar?  Check out the CFP at http://www.willacather.org for details, and for more information  about what we'll be doing during this very special week.  And if you have any questions, don't hesitate to be in touch with Marilee Lindemann or me; we're co-directors.

2018 has been a wonderful year for the Cather Foundation, as we've celebrated the centenary of My Antonia.  It has been such a pleasure for me to hear and to read stories from many of you about your own relations to this unforgettable novel.  Thank you for sharing.  If you haven't read the three most recent "Antonia stories" posted at the Willa Cather Foundation website (www.willacather.org) by Francesca White, Janie Mitchell, and me, do take a look.  And look forward to soon receiving the final My Antonia issue of the Willa Cather Review; it's a rich collection of responses to Cather's novel by contemporary creative artists, edited by Tom Gallagher.

I'm really looking forward to seeing all of you in 2019--in Nebraska, in Virginia--ideally, both!

All best wishes,

Ann Romines

Champers
Paperless PostYahoo Mail Stationery