I prefer Google Sites, myself, for event pages. You can embed custom maps,
live documents with multiple editors, and have multiple editors for the
pages themselves. I've thrown together pages in 30 minutes for multiple
events & then passed it along to the steward for event upkeep. To me, it's
even easier than WordPress. 🤷 It's at least another easy option.

YIS,
Eowyth
Maintainer of multiple G Calendars, Site Maps, & Webpages