Dear Chris,
                    The suburb of St Lucia doesn't seem to have actual
hotels. Toowong is the nearest suburb that shows up on searches. Toowong is
an upmarket suburb with lots of eating places.
It depends on your budget but this place looks nice, is on the flat and
close to eating places etc. https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.jephsonhotel.com.au_&d=DwICAg&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=3yEHWz53MQ8xU5PBS2WHr2_EJ9Hb47F9BUECSntMzOY&s=XwYTq1TcupKO1_Jvtl5AGEk3OlL5vaAU40ywrStOpgU&e= It's currently
$136US per night and also has deluxe disabled rooms.
There are other places a few streets away. The one in Ascog Terrace (my old
street as a teenager) is up the hill a bit. I would avoid ones along
Coronation Drive (along the river) unless you are happy to just eat inside
the hotel (if available). Chasley Apartments is mostly used by hospital
patients and relatives.
Benson Court Motel is also on the busy road to the university and the train
line.

There are 6 apartments within the college. We have reserved two, which
people already have their eye on but more can almost certainly be reserved
at this stage. Disabled access is mandated in newer buildings and I think
the apartment block is fairly recent. So there are almost certainly
apartments or rooms on the ground floor or with a lift. Also some student
rooms in college have ensuite bathrooms (small attached bathrooms) that they
share with the next room.
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.womens.uq.edu.au_conference-5Faccommodation_&d=DwICAg&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=3yEHWz53MQ8xU5PBS2WHr2_EJ9Hb47F9BUECSntMzOY&s=acKeVuDjWclNF71Ry05fmwkJgVZEFTfjl_RX9YXP-lo&e=

I can find out more tomorrow.
Cheers,
Geoff