*Women & Music: A Journal of Gender and Culture* is currently accepting
manuscripts for our 2020 issue (vol. 24). *Women & Music *is particularly
interested in work that provides a critical perspective on music and sound,
and in work that considers the role of gender, sexuality, race,
citizenship, class, or other cultural and social factors in the production,
circulation or consumption of music.

Manuscripts should be submitted to the editor-in-chief, Emily
Wilbourne,  WAMjournal -at- gmail.com, as an editable .doc or .docx file .
Please use endnotes (in Chicago formatting) and supply an abstract, which
helps to solicit readers. If you wish to separate out any figures or
examples and put them in an accompanying .pdf file, please feel free (this
can be useful if the word-processing file becomes unwieldy). We publish
material in a range of lengths, though shorter pieces are typically grouped
together in some way (conference panels, for example). Most stand-alone
articles are in the 6,000-10,000 word range.