The AMS Pedagogy Study Group welcomes proposals that explore questions and
issues surrounding evaluation and assessment in the music history classroom
for the Evening Session sponsored by the PSG during the 2019 AMS
meeting. The current focus on assessment on many campuses presents us with
an opportunity to utilize and refine classroom research strategies. When
executed effectively, assessment is a powerful tool that can shape
instruction and student learning. We encourage presenters to think
of assessment broadly from best practices for measuring student growth in
individual courses to evaluating the effectiveness of music program
curricula.

The program committee will accept proposals for complete panels or
individual papers. All proposals should be sent to Pedagogy Study Group
chair, Paula Bishop, at paulajbishop AT gmail DOT com with the subject
line AMS PSG 2019 by March 15, 2019.

For the complete CFP see
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.teachingmusichistory.com_psg-2Devening-2Dpanel-2Dat-2Dams-2D2019-2Dcall-2Dfor-2Dproposals_&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=PHu0YcldevQqIedM86l0iexbqE-AeZLl-lupNToNx6I&m=Jw5s1ceDjoxTUMaos_lZ8YZBfUEvCs-RbYOXp34q2PM&s=0bzE8GkxXgvEu_dV973BD7edvbtyONXVnhRhNqrq43U&e=