Thanks, Deb and Marla.  I've chosen to use a piece of Saran wrap just under
the cap of the gesso jar.  The cap already has an inner seal, and the wrap
might also help seal the threads.  I've not had any trouble with the gesso
degrading, it's just the dried bits cracking off the cap and getting into
the gesso that I was concerned about.  Thanks for writing!

bab

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 7:48 AM Marla Coppolino <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> Try putting a blob of Vaseline petroleum jelly around the thread of the
> container and lid before closing. That makes a more airtight seal, plus it
> makes it easier to open and close the jar.
> Marla

List name is Sciart-L