Excellent idea about printing out the presenter notes.

I really don't use my notes to talk from, but had them there as a
refresher for some reference detail that is easily retrieved. I used to
print out an 8x10 color "proof sheet" from a screenshot of the PPT
"Slide Sorter View". From that I could tell what was ahead (they are all
photos or art) recognizable from being so tiny.  That was before I
discovered the Presenter View, haha!

OH, I should not get started on cords and adapters!!!  This new Mac Book
Pro....I have maybe 18 cords and three adaptors, and yet when I tried
backing up to the time machine external drive, I had no cord that worked
with the adapter.  I regret most the waste of time figuring it out,
calling tech support who uses terms such as USB-CB2.5 (or somesuch) and
I have a port with an international symbol of three discrete dots.
Right.  I regret the loss of time extremely.

And I can kick the backside of who EVER designed the Magic Mouse's
recharge port on the *underside* of the mouse. phhht.

Thanks for the tips on printouts!
Let's all have good luck with our programs, and no new thing arise!
Best cheer,
Linda
____________________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
www.lindafeltner.com
On 2/10/19 5:16 PM, Deborah Shaw wrote:
> [...]
>
> Sigh.
>
> Thank you all for this thread, and interested in what everyone
> uncovers further.
>
> db
> ____________________
>
> Deborah B Shaw
> dbShaw Studios
>
> cell: 949.887.3465
> dbshawstudios.com
> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__dbshawstudios.com&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=lD0dljsiS38FtxRLfCs2_grK-mrEH-dXcnlV4wEUdnI&s=u1grsR_wxFkHvWrHkufmdhsh6r8YVp_pC5ad5lbRueo&e=>
>
>> On Feb 10, 2019, at 4:03 PM, Karen Ackoff
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>> I’m glad you brought this up… I’ve got a talk coming up soon, and I
>> just checked PowerPoint, and it does the same thing you describe…
>> displays the strip of slides upside down. I did some Google searches,
>> and it said to update to 14.7.7… but I have DSL and it is abominably
>> slow, so I can’t test this right now. Will have to take it onto
>> campus for faster wireless and see.
>>
>> I’m running High Sierra and PowerPoint 2011. I can’t update High
>> Sierra. My laptop is pushing 10 years, so High Sierra is best I can do.
>>
>> My money is on either running it via KeyNote (hoping my computer
>> doesn’t die) or running it as a PDF/Slide Show. The disadvantage to
>> this is that you don’t get to see presenter notes or thumbnails of
>> slides - current, past, future. I’m going to have to bite the bullet
>> at some point and buy a new laptop. But I just replaced my iMac, so
>> it isn’t in the stars just now.
>>
>> Like you, I always bring backup on a flash drive or Google drive or
>> my web site or whatever.
>>
>> The “access to your computer” might be to report crash info, etc.
>> Don’t you have the option so say “no”? If you want to use
>> Auto-Update, then I expect it is determining what version you are
>> running and what updates can be applied. In which case, just “check
>> for updates” under the HELP menu of whatever Microsoft program you
>> are running, and it will run a manual check. This is what I do.
>>
>> Life ain’t dull.

>>> On Feb 10, 2019, at 1:28 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]
>>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>>
>>> I chose to update my desktop OS to Mojave and I'm giving all the
>>> third party software and printers/scanners a test run.
>>> This did not fix the PowerPoint PresenterView upside down film
>>> strip. I suspect that to do that will entail purchasing the upgrade
>>> to Office 365.
>>>
>>> I am curious that both Office and Adobe wanted me to allow an APP to
>>> "provide access control to my computer".
>>> This sounds quite invasive. Adobe even used the word "control"...
>>> I searched online for what the "Microsoft AutoUpdate"  did, and it
>>> was recommended.  They can't update my Office 2011 anyway, but it
>>> was recommended for the Office 365.
>>>
>>> It really bothers me when they want "control" of my computer.  hmmmm.

>>> 520.803.0538
>>> www.lindafeltner.com

>>> instructions at
>>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=Yfx9Hhc0K7PdKcYnqYqhm3dJX1FENOyO3SUil9EaFSs&s=jnFZiTLtDLH1MnOT6eOdMVT6lcuE1_0jDUriOCKrN2o&e=
>>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=72PSLC7dDjat1CZ0Fsr4zW1TfGetMbJ_zRJKhujBfs0&s=Y4oWidyf0nrsvuZx36KGmvOUQYLvP7Gg65mfv-kOVtg&e=>

>> instructions at
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=Yfx9Hhc0K7PdKcYnqYqhm3dJX1FENOyO3SUil9EaFSs&s=jnFZiTLtDLH1MnOT6eOdMVT6lcuE1_0jDUriOCKrN2o&e=
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwMFaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=lD0dljsiS38FtxRLfCs2_grK-mrEH-dXcnlV4wEUdnI&s=KAVj4GzC2Nmc80sEbRIZzxPdUELx9-ag90PrF4PHHSU&e=>

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=Yfx9Hhc0K7PdKcYnqYqhm3dJX1FENOyO3SUil9EaFSs&s=jnFZiTLtDLH1MnOT6eOdMVT6lcuE1_0jDUriOCKrN2o&e=

List name is Sciart-L