Ha! I do that also, I have a "source Images" file with "duplicates" of
the original file. I downsize the original photos to a better PPT
display resolution. My reference files are usually photos I've taken or
that friends have sent (and given permission to use).  I code the file
name, referencing the the photographer, too. And all are backed up :)
Some times they are hard to back trace if I want to go to the source
photo, but that's not such a bad search.

I have used Google search for finding images, rather amazing I think.

Plan for the worst. Fingers, toes and eyeballs crossed for the best.
Cheers,
Linda

Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615