Thank you, Karen, for both responses.
I don't use text, except for "page breaks" as titles, and I just use the
default fonts. I flip through them so fast, it's not like charts or
paragraphs the audience needs to read, so I think I'm safe there.

One tutorial mentioned that unless I have another screen attached (like
a tablet) or a projector, it defaults to the view the audience sees.  IF
I convert to Keynote, and drop MS Office entirely, I will do a test on
my own projector.

I've had two MacBook laptops die during workshops. I normally back up to
a flash drive, also save as JPEGS that can run separately, or PDFs
(although I didn't do the PDFs last time so maybe I will get back in the
habit of doing that).

The part I don't like is that Keynote has to be loaded onto the computer
that runs the projector or HDMI to a tv.
Because in those occasions where my laptop died, I had to use a
non-Mac.  and at conferences, they usually have non-macs for presenters.

So, thank you for your advice and instruction, it is greatly appreciated,
Linda
____________________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
www.lindafeltner.com
On 2/9/19 3:34 PM, Karen Ackoff wrote:
> No. Keynote will not run on any computer... it must have Keynote
> installed and the version can be an issue. Fonts are definitely an
> issue. To be careful, save/export as a PDF and run that as a slide show.
>
> Or convert to PowerPoint and stick to fonts like Verdana and Arial.
>
> If you have embedded videos, that can complicate things further.

> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Feb 9, 2019, at 1:52 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>> I shall need to run Keynote using my projector to see if the
>> customized Presenter View really works on mirrored screens.
>>
>> The last question is: when you take a Keynote presentation on a flash
>> drive and plug it into a non-Mac computer, is the program
>> "self-contained within the file"  and will it run without having the
>> software loaded onto the PC?
>>
>> Many thanks for your help.
>> Cheers and chocolate!
>> Linda
>> --
>> ____________________________
>> Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
>> P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
>> 520.803.0538
>> www.lindafeltner.com

>> instructions at
>> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H75j2k_FFPGZZsM4VtaiHS5-8CYzwgkVOfnseeZ8aT0&s=G4SARGZaiU5BZPFjHMEgihmTF0TbzoLSwYEgoLkgHr4&e=
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwMCaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=ETThztC6Cu9Mz_8kW8JrcD0q5KI-xN_MvTHLEng0bkw&s=L6A41T-NsDgaaJ0ZXmxDEpihqs8zhpH_lHb7xM5UM60&e=>

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=H75j2k_FFPGZZsM4VtaiHS5-8CYzwgkVOfnseeZ8aT0&s=G4SARGZaiU5BZPFjHMEgihmTF0TbzoLSwYEgoLkgHr4&e=

List name is Sciart-L