Thank you, Karen, for both responses.
I don't use text, except for "page breaks" as titles, and I just use the default fonts. I flip through them so fast, it's not like charts or paragraphs the audience needs to read, so I think I'm safe there.

One tutorial mentioned that unless I have another screen attached (like a tablet) or a projector, it defaults to the view the audience sees.  IF I convert to Keynote, and drop MS Office entirely, I will do a test on my own projector.

I've had two MacBook laptops die during workshops. I normally back up to a flash drive, also save as JPEGS that can run separately, or PDFs (although I didn't do the PDFs last time so maybe I will get back in the habit of doing that).

The part I don't like is that Keynote has to be loaded onto the computer that runs the projector or HDMI to a tv.
Because in those occasions where my laptop died, I had to use a non-Mac.  and at conferences, they usually have non-macs for presenters.

So, thank you for your advice and instruction, it is greatly appreciated,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538