Thank you, Britt:

I do use just the basic stuff, and I use the default font as titles
which are basic page breaks for me.

Very interesting about the versions. I am considering bringing my OS up
to date with the laptop, which is newer, but i hate to up the OS in the
middle of job production. I just don't need the headaches. Plus that has
brought on the dilemma of signing up for Office 365 or not.

NOrmally I build the PPT on the desktop which is OS Sierra. But always
during a workshop I add photos to address questions that students ask
along the way. So if it won't save it "down", then I won't be able to
open it on the desktop. hmmm..

I was shocked when I ran the Presenter View on PowerPOint on the laptop
with High Sierra. The filmstrip along the bottom was upside down and
backwards.  I like the filmstirp feature because I can look ahead and
zip right to it.

Oh, I saw where Keynote can extract the image. Cool feature, I wonder if
it retains the original resolution. It doesn't seem to do that in PPT.

AND, does Keynote retain the file name of the original image. I always
disliked that in PPT.  just curious.

I know, I know, I'll need to update at least the desktop OS, real soon.
So I shall have to decide if I want to purchase Office 365 (phht)

Thank you very much for your advice,
Linda

____________________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
www.lindafeltner.com
On 2/9/19 10:34 PM, Griswold, Britt (GSFC-279.0)[LUSA Associates] wrote:
> Keynote does a very good job of opening PPT files. Not perfect, I have
> seen rare instances of issues. It also exports pretty good PPT files.
> It can not make all it's effect work the same as in PPT, as keynote is
> a bit more sophisticated, but the basic stuff and some animations will
> convert. You will need to limit your font choices to ensure
> compatibility if you are moving the PPT to a PC for display. Video
> compatibility across platforms can be an issue. Keynote only works on
> a mac, and the older version can not open newer versions, if you have
> some machines on older OS and some on newer OS you could run into that
> issue.
>
>  I actually use Keynote to extract the image content of PPT files when
> I need to use the art in other situations.
>
> Britt

> instructions at
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.gnsi.org_resources_reviews_gnsi-2Dsciart-2Dl-2Dlistserv&d=DwID-g&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=Ax-OzvpTfPJinl3VIQtMDajdwIzcQnVCqAHtYyuqkIk&s=5ec0BIb62pGp1oiWKQXWIuDj9Z8_7G3hHX1OxmZxyzc&e=

List name is Sciart-L