I’ve been having nothing but problems for the last six months, having to buy LOTS more cables to make sure my Mac laptop connects to new and old projecting systems, and problems with PowerPoint and Keynote running on various systems. I’ve resigned myself to: 1) always saving to every available format, including a PDF (something I’ve always done); 2) saving all formats to the Cloud as well as bringing them on a jump drive; 3) printing out the presenter notes in rather large type to bring with me; 4) usually ending up running the slide show from the PDF and trying to glance at the printed presenter notes in the dark.

Sigh.

Thank you all for this thread, and interested in what everyone uncovers further.

db
____________________

Deborah B Shaw
dbShaw Studios

cell: 949.887.3465
dbshawstudios.com

> On Feb 10, 2019, at 4:03 PM, Karen Ackoff <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> I’m glad you brought this up… I’ve got a talk coming up soon, and I just checked PowerPoint, and it does the same thing you describe… displays the strip of slides upside down. I did some Google searches, and it said to update to 14.7.7… but I have DSL and it is abominably slow, so I can’t test this right now. Will have to take it onto campus for faster wireless and see.
>
> I’m running High Sierra and PowerPoint 2011. I can’t update High Sierra. My laptop is pushing 10 years, so High Sierra is best I can do.
>
> My money is on either running it via KeyNote (hoping my computer doesn’t die) or running it as a PDF/Slide Show. The disadvantage to this is that you don’t get to see presenter notes or thumbnails of slides - current, past, future. I’m going to have to bite the bullet at some point and buy a new laptop. But I just replaced my iMac, so it isn’t in the stars just now.
>
> Like you, I always bring backup on a flash drive or Google drive or my web site or whatever.
>
> The “access to your computer” might be to report crash info, etc. Don’t you have the option so say “no”? If you want to use Auto-Update, then I expect it is determining what version you are running and what updates can be applied. In which case, just “check for updates” under the HELP menu of whatever Microsoft program you are running, and it will run a manual check. This is what I do.
>
> Life ain’t dull.

>> On Feb 10, 2019, at 1:28 PM, Linda Feltner <[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>>
>> I chose to update my desktop OS to Mojave and I'm giving all the third party software and printers/scanners a test run.
>> This did not fix the PowerPoint PresenterView upside down film strip.  I suspect that to do that will entail purchasing the upgrade to Office 365.
>>
>> I am curious that both Office and Adobe wanted me to allow an APP to "provide access control to my computer".
>> This sounds quite invasive. Adobe even used the word "control"...
>> I searched online for what the "Microsoft AutoUpdate"  did, and it was recommended.  They can't update my Office 2011 anyway, but it was recommended for the Office 365.
>>
>> It really bothers me when they want "control" of my computer.  hmmmm.
>>
>> Thank you very much,
>> Linda

>> Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
>> P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
>> 520.803.0538
>> www.lindafeltner.com <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.lindafeltner.com&d=DwMD-g&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=VmgYZ37AuIW7Y7_scLYhc4d-EoMy4v4Q3fLziCj0iRY&s=qaVyJHZxioiY_vd7JC7UeqzGEbaUIPZC-rt6NkrDzNA&e=>
>> On 2/9/19 10:34 PM, Griswold, Britt (GSFC-279.0)[LUSA Associates] wrote:
> [...]

List name is Sciart-L