Print

Print


Lynette,
In this case, distilled water wouldn't make any difference.  Minerals in
water don't jump start mold, and chlorine in the water might even delay the
growth for a while.  If the substrate can grow mold, it probably will.
Sometimes with a vengeance :).

bruce

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 4:53 PM Lynette Cook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Interesting about the caution regarding water. This is true with distilled
> water also? I know tap can be an issue. When I find mold on my paint or
> gesso (and it’s rare) it tends to be a container that I have contaminated
> by putting my paintbrush inside (i.e. wet brush that had been in the tap
> rinsing water). I fill all my spray bottles with distilled, so it’s tap
> only in my brush rinse. I usually remember to put only a clean, dry palette
> knife or other utensil in the containers.
>
> Lynette
>

Subscribe to Sciart-L by completing the form at https://listserv.unl.edu/signup-anon

List name is Sciart-L

To unsubscribe, complete form at https://listserv.unl.edu/signup-anon?UNSUB=1

Problems: Email Lana at [log in to unmask]