Print

Print


Lynette,
In this case, distilled water wouldn't make any difference.  Minerals in water don't jump start mold, and chlorine in the water might even delay the growth for a while.  If the substrate can grow mold, it probably will.  Sometimes with a vengeance :).

bruce

On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 4:53 PM Lynette Cook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Interesting about the caution regarding water. This is true with distilled water also? I know tap can be an issue. When I find mold on my paint or gesso (and it’s rare) it tends to be a container that I have contaminated by putting my paintbrush inside (i.e. wet brush that had been in the tap rinsing water). I fill all my spray bottles with distilled, so it’s tap only in my brush rinse. I usually remember to put only a clean, dry palette knife or other utensil in the containers.

Lynette

________________________________________________

Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at
http://www.gnsi.org/resources/reviews/gnsi-sciart-l-listserv