Hello everyone,
I recently came across what I think is a really cool project, Academic Tree (https://academictree.org/evolution/) - a free, volunteer-run website designed to help you create and track your academic genealogy. I'm not affiliated with the founders, but I've noticed the evolutionary biology subtree is still pretty poorly filled out, especially for entomologists. It's really easy to create an account and add yourself, advisors, grandadvisors, etc ... or claim your own node once you have an account if you've already been added. As something many of us are interested in (and frequently discuss at conferences), I think it would be cool if more entomologists added ourselves and our academic lineages on there.

FAQs about the project are here:
https://academictree.org/evolution/faq.php

Questions about the project can be directed to [log in to unmask]

If anything, it's a fun lunch-time distraction trying to trace your academic heritage back to Linnaeus.

Sincerely,

--
Tommy McElrath
Insects Collection Manager