Thanks to all those who have chimed in. Chris’s suggestion was echoed by a couple others, with one response showing that ‘Estacion Don’ (now labeled a Ghost Town, near 26.428 -109.029)  was referred to simply as ‘Don' in some written records. So I guess this is probably it. Still if anyone had more firsthand knowledge to support this (field notes from INHS would be terrific), I’d still appreciate more details.

Mike

Michael S. Caterino
Morse Chair of Arthropod Biodiversity
Director, Clemson University Arthropod Collection
Department of Plant and Environmental Sciences (PES)
MAIL: 277 Poole Agricultural Center
OFFICE: E-254 Poole Agricultural Center
Clemson University
Clemson, SC 29634-0310
Office phone: (864) 656-3105
LAB: sites.google.com/site/caterinolab/
MUSEUM: sites.google.com/site/clemsonarthropodcollection/