Hi Folks,

I’m seeking a highly motivated graduate student for Ph.D. research in systematics. Competitive applicants must have an M.S. in entomology, biology, or a related field with an emphasis on systematics. Their research interest should be in Hymenoptera. This assistantship is funded through a 0.5 time Insect Diagnostician position as described below.

Qualifications:
1. Earned M.S. in entomology, biology, or a related field
2. Broad knowledge of insect systematics, other arthropods, and identification

Responsibilities of Insect Diagnostician:
1. Provide identifications of invertebrate animals (arthropods, mollusks, annelids, etc.) and artifacts/damage from these to the public, usually through the Cooperative Extension service at the county level.
2. Provide identification support to faculty and/or university related projects.
3. Cooperate with other diagnosticians (Departments of Plant Pathology, Biology- herbarium and Horticulture) on campus.
4. Cooperate with other relevant agencies such as USDA, CDC, etc.

Interested people can contact me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, or visit our departmental web site at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__entomology.k-2Dstate.edu&d=DwIGaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=-lUMCZ4RK28H4qvcd3vmEBuyVJHHG0OpDzFenR9wX-A&m=qakRrVrIOKoNPPPyPhYCKWtaeDqXF_PvXmY0u7vypPM&s=adttYMdFNoJqwU2C7YPHEU59eZDTs2Dwo7egbdcubvE&e=

Cheers,

Greg Zolnerowich

Gregory Zolnerowich
Dept. of Entomology