I’m seeking a highly motivated graduate student for Ph.D. research in systematics. Competitive applicants must have an M.S. in entomology, biology, or a related field with an emphasis on systematics. Their research interest should be in Hymenoptera. This assistantship is funded through a 0.5 time Insect Diagnostician position as described below.
1. Earned M.S. in entomology, biology, or a related field
2. Broad knowledge of insect systematics, other arthropods, and identification
Responsibilities of Insect Diagnostician:
1. Provide identifications of invertebrate animals (arthropods, mollusks, annelids, etc.) and artifacts/damage from these to the public, usually through the Cooperative Extension service at the county level.
2. Provide identification support to faculty and/or university related projects.
3. Cooperate with other diagnosticians (Departments of Plant Pathology, Biology- herbarium and Horticulture) on campus.
4. Cooperate with other relevant agencies such as USDA, CDC, etc.
Dept. of Entomology
123 Waters Hall
1603 Old Claflin Place
Kansas State University
Manhattan, KS 66506