Hi Richard

One of the nice things about this website is that it can be built and added to as a community.  It would be awesome to see all this stuff spelled out.  Maybe we even need networks rather than tree genealogies in some cases!

Jim

From: Brown, Richard <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, February 1, 2019 3:53:53 PM
To: Whitfield, James Bryan; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Academic Tree

George Ball told me that he was initially a student of Howard Evans, who could trace his lineage back to Linnaeus, and then switched to John (Jack) Franclemont as an advisor after Howard left.  Chuck Triplehorn was co-advised by Evans and Franclemont. Via George and Chuck, thereís are least four generations of Franclemont students who are currently advising grad students.

Richard L. Brown

W.L. Giles Distinguished Professor

Director, Mississippi Entomological Museum

Dept. Biochemistry, Molecular Biology,

      Entomology & Plant Pathology

Box 9775 (100 Old Highway 12)

Mississippi State, MS 39762