Thank you Kathy (and Linda!),
Actually, it was surprisingly quick. At the point the photo was taken, I’d say I had put in approximately 4 hours; maybe another hour for prep. Granted it is a small piece (about 2 inches across). The trick is to work over different sections, so the vellum doesn’t become damp and cockle. But otherwise, it wasn’t particularly time-consuming.
Karen