I don’t really notice any difference. The color picker works as it always has - for me, at least. Am I missing something?
I think new versions ought to come out every 2 years not every year, not every year. I assume this is because it is a subscription service, it’s a marketing decision to release new versions annually. And because there is the pressure to release a new version each year, Adobe has to come up with new features. For example, do we really need 10 ways to zoom in to a document? 3 or 4 is plenty. They seem to have built a great deal of redundancy into the programs. The Properties panel is something I’m getting used to, and I can see the logic but it, too, is redundant.
Ways to zoom in:
- Zoom tool in the Tools panel
- View menu - zoom in, zoom out, fit on screen, 100%, 200%, Print Size
- Short cut - Command+ to zoom in, Command- to zoom out
- Spacebar+Command to zoom in, Spacebar+Command+Option to zoom out
- Use the status bar (the little bar at the lower left of the document window - type in the % of magnification desired
- Scrubby zoom - hold down the left mouse button and drag to the right to zoom in, left to zoom out
- With the Zoom tool selected, you can also choose from the Control panel - 100%, Fit Screen, Fill Screen
- You can also zoom using the Navigator panel
OK, so that’s 8 ways, not 10. But you get my point.
I will say, I like the Puppet Warp feature - both in Photoshop and Illustrator.
If you could be more specific about your difficulties, perhaps I can help. Otherwise, call me if you want and we can talk more.
Hi- Is anyone else annoyed with the new
color picker in the latest version of Photoshop [2019 CC]? I am
finding it much more difficult to move around the square, or use
the slider and find the color I want. So far I don't see the
improvement at all. Am I missing something?
Need to leave or subscribe to the Sciart-L listserv? Follow the instructions at