I would try the Cornell Lab Macaulay Library (videos)
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__macaulaylibrary.org_&d=DwIDaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=AGYZ7-AeerjxzYnIwL-lBLFI3SPYN3BDmku4qGQB4Tg&m=_zZMS56hVb5J-FnX33EVztaXoKyFVYYGfLqD877E_UE&s=6CHAdU448rjW5MhCrA7uqZi_txf8mZk3xpeIcMBvgyY&e=
and also do a browser search for the species with video.

I know there are a lot of stills on the web, and it may be difficult to
get permissions to do a derivative work from them. They are also
notorious for the original photographer to only post their idea of the
best poses and compositions. It isn't often not what we as illustrators
want to show.

So,  I have found studying videos are great for determining the "best"
pose to illustrate my interpretation.  Then, you can "build" your bird.

You might also use a stock photo-house for still images, and they have
displayed their copyright information. It may be beneficial to purchase
a usage package to be safe, and avoid lost hours trying to track a
photographer down and actually get a response.

Hope this helps,
Linda
____________________________
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615
520.803.0538
www.lindafeltner.com
On 3/11/19 9:25 AM, Laurie Bebick wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I need reference pictures of  Ruby Throated Hummingbirds(both sexes), feeding, flying, and sitting. Extra kudos if you have any feeding on a mimosa blossom. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not too many around here in MA in the middle of winter.
>
> Subscribe to Sciart-L by completing the form at https://listserv.unl.edu/signup-anon
>
> List name is Sciart-L

> Problems: Email Lana at [log in to unmask]

List name is Sciart-L