I would try the Cornell Lab Macaulay Library (videos) http://macaulaylibrary.org/
and also do a browser search for the species with video.

I know there are a lot of stills on the web, and it may be difficult to get permissions to do a derivative work from them. They are also notorious for the original photographer to only post their idea of the best poses and compositions. It isn't often not what we as illustrators want to show.

So,  I have found studying videos are great for determining the "best" pose to illustrate my interpretation.  Then, you can "build" your bird.

You might also use a stock photo-house for still images, and they have displayed their copyright information. It may be beneficial to purchase a usage package to be safe, and avoid lost hours trying to track a photographer down and actually get a response.

Hope this helps,
Linda
Linda M. Feltner Artist LLC
P.O. Box 325, Hereford, AZ 85615